“I cried and cried because I had no shoes, until I met a man that had no feet”
“In spite of everything that has happened, I truly believe people are good at heart”
I can’t believe that I am actually getting just over 1000 km per tank on my new Toyota Camry Hybrid. It blows my mind.
In my other vehicle I was only getting around 500 km per tank. To put it frank for anyone that doesn’t get it… it pays to have a hybrid. I fill up half the time and the tank is smaller than my other vehicle. I’m way ahead.
I do around 40000 km. /year – which means:
Before it cost me around $ 6800.00 a year in gas.
Now it cost me around $ 3000.00 a year.
Therefore, I’m saving around $ 3800.00 a year, so if the extra cost to get a hybrid was around $ 6000.00 and it pays for its self in less than 2 years, then the rest is gravy. Of course to note, that the environment is better off as well ….less fossil fuels, etc.
So let me ask you this?
With the availability of hybrids, who in their right mind wouldn’t consider a hybrid?
Just out of principle alone, even if the money wasn’t an issue, why not get one to help the environment and save money at the same time?
- Don’t wait to talk to a mortgage lender and check your credit. Take care of any credit issues and prepare you finances to meet all the mortgage requirements early. Get pre-approved for mortgage financing and know what you are able to afford before you look at homes
- Don’t wait too long to buy. Many renters pay more for an apartment than they would pay for a mortgage payment. Don’t keep paying off someone else’s mortgage while you watch the real estate values climb. Homes often appreciate in value faster than you are able to save additional money for the down payment.
- Don’t buy more house than you can afford. Keep your payments within reason and have a backup plan for emergencies. Even though you qualify for a certain mortgage amount, you must feel comfortable with the payment.
- Don’t fall in love with the home for all the wrong reasons. Even though I mostly tell home sellers to use home staging strategies to sell for top dollar, my advice to home buyers is to look past all the staged glamour. Look at the bones of a fixer-upper home to see if you can turn it into your dream home.
- Don’t work with the wrong agent. Make sure the agent is working for you and they are obligated to represent your interests. I would love the opportunity to interview for the job of representing you.
- Don’t buy too far away from work. Drive the route during rush hour to test how you will feel, how much time it takes, and how much gas you buy. Your happiness outweighs the home’s amenities. Calculate gas expenditure versus transit savings for a closer home and add this amount to your possible mortgage payment.
- Don’t forget to get a home inspection by a licensed professional. They are skilled in being able to advise you on the true condition of the home’s major systems.
- Don’t misunderstand what comes with the property. Make sure you know what will be happening to the appliances, window coverings, light fixtures, and other items in the home. Make sure you know what parking is included. Know if the condo suite includes a separate storage locker.
Remember when you hire an agent they will ensure that all your questions are asked and answered
Divorced, Who Gets the House?……..
Welcome to WordPress. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start blogging!